8 oz chicken legs, bone-in, skin on, thighs & legs separated
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 tbsp jerk seasoning
1 tbsp lime juice
½ tsp honey
4 cup kale leaves, stem removed, thinly sliced into ribbons
1 avocado, cubed
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a baking dish, add the chicken. Coat with 1/3 of the oil and the jerk seasoning. Rub the seasoning into the chicken to coat it. Place in the oven to cook for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by adding the remaining oil, lime juice and honey in a small jar and shake to combine.
- Add the kale to a salad bowl and add the dressing. Use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale until soft and fully coated.
- Divide the kale salad evenly between plates. Top with the chicken pieces, avocado and cilantro.