Courtesy of Inside Fitness
Chicken parmesan is a classic, but sometimes it can be deep fried and full of unnecessary fat and calories. This recipe is an easy and healthy way to enjoy one of your favourite Italian dishes.
2 skinless chicken breasts, butterflied or tenderized
½ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp dried basil
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
¾ cup marinara sauce
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup mixed greens
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup baby tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and dried basil.
- Brush the melted butter onto both sides of the chicken, and evenly cover it with the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and basil mixture.
- Spray a large baking sheet with the cooking spray and then place the chicken on the sheet.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and use a spoon to put some marinara sauce on it, covering it evenly. Top each piece of chicken with some mozzarella cheese.
- Put the chicken back in the over for 5-6 minutes.
- When the chicken is almost done cooking, combine the mixed greens, olive oil, tomatoes, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- When the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the oven and serve it with the salad.
Protein: 29 g
Carbs: 26 g
Fat: 14 g