1 lb. top sirloin steak
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots, medium, chopped
1 yellow potato, large, chopped
1 tsp turmeric, ground
1 tsp coriander, ground
1 tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp ginger, ground
2 cups beef broth
4 stalks green onion, green parts only, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut steak into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a mixing bowl with tapioca flour, salt and pepper. Toss until the steak is well coated.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and brown it on all sides. Be sure to adjust the heat as necessary when browning the steak to prevent the bottom of the pot from burning. You may need to do the browning in batches.
- Once browned, remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the pot along with the turmeric, coriander, cumin and ginger. Stir frequently for 2 to 3 minutes. If the spices start sticking to the bottom of the pot add two tablespoons of water to help them along.
- Add the browned beef back to the pan and add the broth to the pot, being sure to scrape the browned bits off the bottom.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the green onions and cilantro.
- Continue to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide into bowls and serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING