2.25 kg yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and cut in scant 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick rounds
1 bulb fennel, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup whipping cream, 35%
2 tbsp potato starch
1 cup Gruyère cheese
3 strips bacon, chopped
- In large bowl, gently toss together potatoes, fennel, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined.
- In small bowl, whisk cream with potato starch until smooth.
- In lightly greased slow cooker, layer half of the potato mixture. Sprinkle with a quarter of the Gruyère and half of the bacon.
- Pour in half of the cream mixture. Top with remaining potato mixture, another quarter of the Gruyère and the remaining bacon and cream mixture.
- Cover and cook on high until potatoes are tender – about 4.5 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted and some of the liquid has absorbed – about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
NUTRITION PER SERVING