Tired of the same old, same old when it comes to your stuffing? Then try this delicious and healthy accompaniment to any rich, meaty dishes.
2 tsp olive oil
1 small red onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 large stalk celery, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely grated or pressed
1 tsp ground thyme
2 cups rainbow quinoa, rinsed
4 cups sodium-reduced chicken or vegetable broth
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté red onion, stirring, until slightly softened – about 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery; sauté, stirring occasionally, until carrot is tender – about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme; sauté, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add quinoa and broth. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains – about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa mixture with fork and then stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING