10 oz chicken leg, bone in & skin on
¼ tsp ground sumac, divided
½ tsp fennel seed, ground
Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, sliced, zest from half the lemon reserved
2 cups radishes, trimmed, halved, tops removed & washed/dried
4 garlic cloves, skin on
2 tbsp Fresh Oregano, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Season the chicken with half the sumac, ground fennel seed, salt and pepper. Heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat, and add the oil. Add the chicken, skin side down, and sear for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy.
- Add the lemon zest to the chicken. Add the radishes, garlic cloves and lemon slices to the pan. Season the radishes with salt, pepper, half the oregano and remaining sumac. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turning the chicken halfway.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and take the chicken out. Add the radish tops and place back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until just wilted.
- Divide everything evenly between plates. Garnish with the remaining oregano and enjoy!