The perfect family style appetizer to tie everyone over until any meal; you’ll want to have this ‘appie’ everyday.
1 cup chopped dill
2/3 cups kosher salt
2/3 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp pink or black peppercorns, crushed
1 750g skin-on salmon fillet
Mustard Dill Sauce:
1/4 cup honey mustard
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tbsp dill, chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Line a baking sheet with 2 overlapping pieces of plastic wrap.
- In bowl, combine dill, salt, sugar and peppercorns. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the salt mixture in centre of prepared pan; place salmon, skin side down, over top. Sprinkle with remaining salt mixture.
- Fold plastic wrap over fish, wrapping tightly. Place separate baking sheet on fish; weigh down with six 540 ml cans. Refrigerate for 48 hours.
- Unwrap fish; under cold running water, rinse off salt mixture. Pat dry.
- Using chef’s knife, thinly slice on 45-degree angle without cutting through skin.
- In small bowl, combine honey mustard, oil, dill, Dijon mustard and vinegar.
- Serve fish with mustard dill sauce and rye bread.
NUTRITION PER SERVING