5 oz dark organic chocolate, at least 70% cacao is best
1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
½ cup all-natural peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
- Arrange paper baking cups on a plate or a small baking sheet. Set aside.
- Set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat. Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to the smaller pot and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Divide half of the melted chocolate between the paper baking cups. There should be a thin, even layer of chocolate in each baking cup. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes until solid.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Divide the peanut butter between the baking cups by spooning the peanut butter into the center of solid chocolate. Drizzle the remaining melted dark chocolate around and overtop the peanut butter.
- Return to the freezer for about 30 minutes or until solid.